From the editor...
Welcome to the November issue of Suffolk Norfolk Life. November is all about bonfires and fireworks, and this month we have an article about a man from the region who was involved with the gunpowder plot. November is also about the start of the run up to Christmas, and Holt is a great place to visit at this time of year.
Also in this issue we have some recognizable faces including Gino D'Acampo who is coming Ipswich on tour, England ladies hockey coach Danny Kerry on the challenge or Rio, and Ed Sheeran, who received and honorary doctorate from University Campus Suffolk.
See a full list of everything inside this issue below.
Features- Interview with chef and TV personality Gino D'Acampo
- The Norfolk Coast
- Ed Sheeran's UCS honorary doctorate
- Lowestoft Smokehouse award
- On track for branching out
- Danny Kerry rise to the Rio challenge
- Christmas Gift Guide
- The Christmas Gifts in a Showbox
- Tales of 2 doggies: Needham Lakes
- Light - The medium of Truth
- Growing Heritage Thatch
- Sandlings Autumn
- The Death Ship of Suffolk
- Martlesham Heath
- Pantomime Time: Oh yes it is!
- Ambrose Roockwood - The plotter from Suffolk
- Strange goings on at the Greyhound
- My Norfolk Life: Niall Murdoch (Alcosa)
Special Features- Hunting
- Christmas Shopping in Holt
Competitions- Win an overnight stay for two at Brome Grange Hotel
Food & Drink- Meet Mark Sayers, Saracens Head head chef
- Jimmy's Farm: Marmalade and Mustard Gammon
- Five stars all the way at Mandarin Oriental Hotel
- The Shepherd and Dog Review
- Wine: Choc's Away
Interiors- Let there be light: Lighting your home
- Autumn interior design tips
Business Profiles- All Hallows Nursing Home
- The Swan and The Angel
Regulars- Whats on Diary: Events during November
- Peggy Cole: November in the Garden
- Music notes from Chris Green
- Books Reviews
- CLA News
- Beauty: Autumn Skin Survival Kit
- Dog Advice