From the editor...
Welcome to the September issue of Suffolk Norfolk Life. Some of the places and faces inside this issue are two of our rivers: the Little Ouse and the Deben, Susie Kearley goes back in time with Dads Army and 1940s weekend celebrations, Rachel Sloane understands more about collecting art, we have a look around Bildeston, while Mica Bale learns more about Norfolk's own right royal gem Sandringham House, Russel Edwards explores what goes on in the long grass, plus Robert Leader visits the Woolpit Steam Rally, and our big interview is with Jasper Carrott MBE who is coming to the Apex in Bury St Edmunds with his Stand up and Rock tour.
We have a 16 page special feature on Education in East Anglia, including lots of the top schools in the region, and we also have an 8 page guide to Weddings, plus a packed events diary for great things to do or see during September.
See a full list of everything inside this issue below.
Features- Interview with comedian and actor Jasper Carrott OBE
- Sandringham House
- Little Ouse, Little Know
- Following in the footsteps of Dads Army
- James Moore: A Suffolk cycling superstar
- Getting up steam at the Woolpit Steam Rally
- What goes on in the long grass
- Angie Jones pays a visit to Bildeston
- East Anglian football teams
- The River Deben: A river to celebrate
- The Grange, Brockdish, Norfolk
- Art for arts sake
- E.J. Morean: Part 2
- The green children of Woolpit
- Bygone Wickham Market
- My Norfolk Life: Steve Balmer-Walters (NCFC)
Special Features- Education and Independent Schools
- Weddings in East Anglia
Competitions- Win a break at the Northrepps Cottage Country Hotel
Food & Drink- Braised and Confit Duck recipe
- Jimmys Farm: Pork Pie & Damson Chutney recipes
- Focus Organic Review
- Wine: Last of the Summer Wines)
Home and Garden- The heart of the home: Kitchens
Business Profiles- Aurum Jewellers
- Kings of Suffolk
Regulars- Whats on Diary: Events during September
- Peggy Cole: September in the Garden
- Music notes from Chris Green
- Suffolk and Norfolk news roundup
- Books Reviews
- CLA News
- Beauty: Humour can be dry, but not your skin
- Dog Advice: 'Don't paint yourself into a corner'